Sunday, September 30, 2012

What is a Tank-O-Lantern?




















  The name we came up with for the collaborative project between Scott and I upcycling used refrigerant tanks into non rotting Halloween pumpkins of sorts. 

We happen to have a source for empty refrigerations tanks.  Rather than see them end up in a landfill, we've come up with a great way to upcycle them.  You need to be very safe when handling such tanks.   Cutting into a pressurized tank could be very dangerous.  We always make sure to be safe and open up the valves.   I also wear a substantial respirator what filters our particulates as well as any organic vapors.  The smell of freon being burned is like mustard gas.  Be safe when cutting anything, but especially tanks.






















full details on how I go about designing tanks can be found  here...




















Full details on how Scott cuts my designs can be found here...

When he is finished I take them out to the yard and give them a good rinse off and allow them to dry before I bring them inside, install lights and photograph them.

















We do also sell them, for the list of what is currently available you can check our store.

1 comment:

  1. wow. what a work of art. I love them i would have a hard time picking a fav but love the one with the crosses.
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete